Monday, September 7, 2009

Introduction

I'm Sirimavo Nair, working at Nutrition Dept, M.S. University of Baroda; teaching human physiology, biochemistry, nutrition communication, strategies, nutrition during emergency, etc.

My research area is on iodine nutrition, fortifying salt with iron and iodine, providing advocacy and support to various salt trading associations.

I have provided consultancy to UNICEF for salt advocacy programs and USI goal achievement.

My contributions to state govt. family health welfare dept - was on controlling anemia among pregnant women - quick approach.

I have guided 16 master dessertation work and currently 5 students are working under me towards PhD program.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats ma'am for starting this blog........

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advocacy provided to Anand salt traders are functioning with good progress is what an assessment done by unicef reported.The best results are sustained at its peak with quality iodized salt progressing at Ahmadabad and Bharuch.A little support from the government will really boost the morale of these traders and Gujarat can contribute to achieve best results.

    ReplyDelete